Monday, October 27, 2014

Grilled cheese sandwich with mushroom グリルチーズサンドウィチ

This is yet another version of breakfast that we came up with while we were on vacation. I was contemplating what to make when my wife mentioned she was in the mood for something ooey-gooey and cheesy…but we were eating too many eggs. Using what we had left over and with my wife's suggestion, I made this grilled cheese open face sandwich.

IMG_2537 (2)

We had onion, leftover portions of royal trumpet mushroom, branched broccoli (which I made few days ago as a side for a dinner). So these were the items I used for this open-face sandwich.

I first sautéed the onion in butter and then the mushroom seasoned with salt and pepper. I lightly toasted the sliced "artisan Italian bread" and placed these vegetables on top (see below).

IMG_2529 (2)

I placed several slices of aged cheddar cheese.

IMG_2531 (2)

Placed under the broiler fro few minutes or until the cheese melted.

IMG_2535 (2)

Before serving, I garnished it with grated parmesan cheese.

This was a good breakfast sandwich. Now only a few vacation days left, so we have to use up whatever is left in the refrigerator.

No comments: