Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Baguette in the porcelain baker 3rd try バゲットベイカー3度め

This is the 3rd try making baguette using an Emile Henry baguette baker. It came out better than previous attempts but despite generous oiling and dusting with flour the bread maker, the bread still stuck to the bottom portion of the baking dish.
I generously oiled and then dusted with flour as shown below.  
Then, I placed the dough in the baker and let it rise.
I slashed the loves with a lame and sprayed water on the surface.
The loaves came out looking good. But the bottom of all of them especially the center one, stuck to the baker,
I removed them but some crust was lost stuck to the baker.
I was frustrated and start looking for comments about this baker. Sure enough lots of people complained about the stickiness. Some people were totally irate. Some said after the 4th try it stopped sticking. So, I should try at least one more time. Despite the sticking, the baguettes had a nice texture and flavor.

1 comment:

Only Julia said...

Try sprinkling coarse cornmeal on the bottom. I don't know if you know but here is a thought. You might be counteracting the benefits of the baker by greasing it. Try the cornmeal and see what happens.